During the week, we will work on each of the main areas of the Language exam – multiple choice questions and the synthesis, rhetorical analysis and argument essays and discuss different ways to prepare our students with the skills they will need on the AP test. We will also discuss the use of literature within the context of the AP Language course. We will review the scoring process for the test and this years Language exam essay questions. We will practice the activities that the test requires of our students, and we will share strategies as teachers.
The faculty have been selected for their teaching expertise, creativity, innovations in teaching and experience with the AP* Program curriculum. All faculty members are endorsed and certified by the Middle Atlantic Regional Office of The College Board and have demonstrated a commitment to excellence that is second to none.
- Classes are scheduled from Tuesday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Class check-in begins at 7 a.m. with as brief orientation at 7:20 a.m.
- Participants receive a catered lunch Tuesday – Thursday.
- Morning and afternoon coffee/snack breaks are provided each day.
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR LEARNING AND INTERACTING
Instructors encourage sharing among participants that will enhance the knowledge and skills of all participants for effective teaching. The opportunity to exchange and communicate with instructors and colleagues within the Middle Atlantic Region and beyond is a valued support resource for the entire school year.
Questions/concerns about your particular course can be addressed by going to course description and clicking on the instructor’s name. You will then be able to e-mail the instructor. Any problems call the Lewes AP* Summer Institute office at 302-644-0277.
* This Summer Institute has been endorsed by Advanced Placement Program, AP, Pre-AP, College Board and it’s logo are registered trademarks of the College Board.